Crete’s climate is Mediterranean with mild temperatures, low levels of humidity and more than 300 sunshine days annually.
In the warmest months of the year (July-August) the day temperatures range from 25°C to 30°C and in the coldest months (January-February) from 10°C to 16°C.
Crete’s road network is generally in good condition with many asphalt roads.
However, driving a motorhome in Crete requires caution and driving slowly on many mountain or any other secondary narrow roads. Inside villages, we suggest following only the main road and again being cautious. Please avoid driving into the old parts of towns even if it is allowed by law. Whenever you drive or try to park near trees, balconies, awnings etc., be careful not to damage the upper part of the vehicle.
Speed Limits (If there is a speed limit sign please follow the sign):
- National road up to 90km/h
- Side roads up to 70km/h
- Inside towns, cities or villages up to 50km/h
Useful Telephone Numbers
- Greek phone code: +30
- Police: 100
- Emergency medical care: 166
- Fire brigade: 199
- Out-of-hours pharmacies: 14944
- European number of emergency: 112
- Public services: from Monday to Friday 7.30-15.00
- Banks: from Monday to Thursday 8.00-14.30 and on Friday 8.00-14.00
- Private stores: from April to October, in touristic areas the stores are open daily with flexible operating hours. The most common working hours in that period are from 9.00 to 23.00
- Weather forecast
- About Greece
- About Crete
- Heraklion airport
- Chania airport
- Buses Chania-Rethymno
- Buses Heraklion-Lasithi
- Lonely Planet Crete
- WikiTravel Crete
- Cretan beaches
- Luxurious villa in Rethymnon